Admitted to the NSW Bar: 25 February 2000
Areas of Practice:
- Professional Negligence
- Trade Practices & Competition
Overview of experience at the Bar:
- Came straight to the Bar.
- Over 15 years experience in a variety of first instance and appellate matters.
- Adopts a careful and precise approach to all matters.
- Strongly believes that time and effort spent at the outset determining an appropriate strategy ultimately delivers a cost-effective result for the client.
Cases of note:
- Re Waterfront Investments Group Pty Limited (in liq) (2015) 105 ACSR 280;  NSWSC 18[Corporations; Uncommercial Transactions; Directorsâ€™ Duties; Fiduciary Duties; Contract]
- ANZ Banking Group v Londish  NSWSC 202[Contracts; Contracts Review Act; Mortgage; Equity (subrogation)]
- Master Education Services Pty Ltd v Ketchell (High Court of Australia)  HCA 38; (2008) 249 ALR 44; (2008) 82 ALJR 1322[Appeared without a leader upon the Application for Special Leave to Appeal.] [Franchising]
- Mead v Mead (High Court of Australia)  HCA 25; (2007) 235 ALR 197; (2007) 81 ALJR 1185; (2007) 36 FamLR 608;  FLC 93-327[Appeared without a leader upon the Application for Special Leave to Appeal.] [Contempt]
- MacDonald v Raupach  NSWCA 320[Bankruptcy]
- Mitzev v Foxman  NSWCA 273[Real Property; Equity; Contracts; Corporations]
- Arnautovic & Sutherland t/as Jirsch Sutherland & Co v Cvitanovic (as trustee for the bankrupt estate of Adrian Lawrence Rosee) (2011) 199 FCR 1;  FCA 809[Appeal; Bankruptcy]
- Sigiriya Capital Pty Ltd v Scanlon (2013) 97 ACSR 183;  NSWCA 401[Contract]
- The Stuart Park (D580060) Reserve Trust v Peedoms Lawyers Pty Limited  NSWSC 1133[Professional Negligence]
- Nicola v Ideal Image Development Corporation Incorporated (2009) 261 ALR 1;  FCA 1177[Conflict of Laws (foreign jurisdiction clause in contract)]
- Phoenix Lacquers & Paints Pty Ltd v Free Wesleyan Church of Tonga in Australia Inc (admins apptd) (2012) 87 ACSR 658;  NSWSC 214[Corporations]
- LLB (Hons) (USyd)
- BEc (Hons) (USyd)
- NSW Bar Association
- Queensland Bar Association
Committees and other roles:
- Member of NSW Bar Association professional conduct committee (PCC) from 2003 to 2010 (inclusive).