Admission date as Barrister: 13 September 1993
- Diploma of Law (1993)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering (University of Sydney 1975)
- Grade 1 Arbitrator – Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia
- Fellow Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia
- Member Institute of Engineers (Aust)
- Chartered Professional Engineer
- Member Dispute Resolution Board Australasia
Area of Law:
- Building & Construction Specialist
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Arbitration, Mediation, Expert Determination)
- Commercial Arbitrator,
- District Court arbitrator,
- Local Court arbitrator,
- Supreme Court Referee,
- District Court Referee,
- Expert Determiner,
- Supreme Court evaluator.
- NSW Chapter Chair Institute of Arbitrator & Mediator Australia,
- Member Construction Law Committee.
August 1993 – present : Barrister â€“ Edmund Barton Chambers
May 1990 – August 1993 : Self employed – Goldstein Construction Services
January 1989 – May 1990 : Thiess Contractors Pty. Ltd.
June 1988 – November 1988 : Costain Australia Ltd.
June 1984 – May 1988 : Leighton Contractors Pty Ltd.
January 1984 – June 1984 : John Mowlem & Company
October 1976 – Oct.1983 : Barclay Bros Pty. Ltd.
May 1976 – October 1976 : Thiess Bros Pty. Ltd.
December 1974 – Feb. 1975 : Thiess Bros Pty. Ltd.
Significant cases appeared in:
Plaza West Pty Ltd v Simons Earthworks NSW Pty Ltd (2010) NSWSC 1426
Australia Development Corporation Pty Ltd v White Constructions (ACT) Pty Ltd
12 BCL 317
John Holland Pty Ltd v Hunter Valley Earthmoving Co Pty Ltd
(2002) NSWSC 131
Walter Construction Group Ltd v Walker Corp Ltd
(2001) 17 BCL 364
Kosciusko Thredbo Pty Ltd v. The State of New South Wales & Ors
Liverpool City Council v Casbee
(2005) NSWSC 590
Ryde City Council v Tourtouras
(2007) NSWCA 218 (note: acted as the Referee)
Firedam Civil Engineering v KJP Constructions
(2007) NSWSC 1162
Doran Constructions Pty Ltd (in liq) v Beresfield Aluminium Pty Ltd
(2002) 54 NSWLR 416
New South Wales v Banabelle Electrical Pty Ltd
(2002) 54 NSWLR 503