- Richard Maurice graduated in Economics from Sydney University in 1981.
- He graduated in Law from Sydney University in 1983.
- He was admitted to practice as solicitor in 1984 and worked in private practice until joining the Australian Legal Aid Office in 1985.
- He was called to the private bar in 1988 and practices mostly in the areas of Family Law, De facto relationships, Child welfare, together with Wills and Probate.
- He is a member of the Law Council of Australia Family Law Section and the International Society of Family Law.
- He worked as a Mediator in Family Law financial and parenting matters since 2004.
- He became a member Edmund Barton Chambers in 1989 and is currently an Associate Member.
- His interests include listening to and composing music, computers and programming and classic cinema and television.
- He has a website www.richardmaurice.com