David is an experienced advocate and has an extensive practice including family law, bankruptcy, corporate liquidation, intellectual property and commercial equity. He also practices in wills and estates, contractual disputes, and appears in criminal matters. David frequently appears in complex family law, bankruptcy and liquidation matters. In his time at the Bar David has appeared in a number of jurisdictions both in New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, and the Australian Capital Terirtory. In New South Wales David has appeared in the Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, Supreme Court Appeals, District Court, the Local Court and NCAT. David has appeared in the District Court of South Australia, the Magistrates Court of South Australia, and the Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory. At a Federal Level David has appeared in the Family Court of Australia, the Federal Circuit Court of Australia in both family law matters and bankruptcy as well as appearing in the Federal Court in intellectual property, bankruptcy and liquidation matters, and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, both in New South Wales and Interstate.
David brings a pragmatic and commercial focus to his practice underpinned by effective client management and attention to detail in the provision of advice and the preparation of cases for the benefit of his client’s. David’s focus is on client service and balancing the needs of his clients with the costs associated in litigation. Prior to coming to the bar David worked for a number of leading financial services providers including Royal Bank of Scotland plc, NM Rothschild & Sons, Insurance Australia Group, Westpac Banking Corporation and ING Bank Ltd.
David has appeared as Junior Counsel with a number of leading Queenâ€™s Counsel and Senior Counsel.
- Bank of Western Australia v Ellis J Enterprises Pty Ltd  NSWSC 313
- A W Ellis Engineering Pty Limited and Ors v Malago Pty Limited and Ors  NSWSC 55
- Boutros & Anor v Santa Sabina College Ltd  FMCA 164
- Mingotti & Papadakis and Anor  FamCA 339
- Moran v Robertson  FCA 371
- Hardman V NSW Trustee & Guardian  NSWSC 500
- In the matter of Seduce Group Australia Pty Ltd – Seduce Group Australia Pty Ltd v Spuds Surf Chatswood Pty Ltd  NSWSC 290
- Director of Public Prosecutions v Matthew Simon Freeman  NSWLC 8
- Citigroup v Azar  NSWSC 95
- Azar v Citigroup Pty Ltd  NSWCA 380
- Page v Good Impressions Offset Printing Pty Limited  NSWSC 1398
- Georges v Tribastoni  NSWDC 36
- Quitlong v ACM Group Limited  FMCA 688
- Robertson & Anor v Moran & Ors  FMCA 496
- Westpac Banking Corporation v Toksoz & Anor  NSWSC 1509
- MDN Mortgages Pty Ltd v Caradonna  NSWSC 1298
- Lawteal Finance v Chrapacz  NSWSC 73
- GKQ Mortgages Pty Ltd v Maureen Pedersen  NSWSC 230
- Workers Compensation Nominal Insurer v Fischer & Anor  FMCA 239
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Marketing) University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Economics – University of Adelaide
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board
- Graduate Diploma Legal Practice College of Law
- Currently completing Masters of Law at Sydney University.
- Blackfriars Priory School Adelaide – graduated 1989 Dux.
Memberships & Associations:
- NSW Bar Association.
- Edmund Barton Chambers
Telephone 02 9220 6140
Mobile 0407 945 687 – 24 hours