Admission date as a Barrister: 29 January 2007
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Bond University 1995
- Mediation Diploma Bond University 1997
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland 1994 – 1999
(including completing Articles of Clerkship)
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia 1996
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW 2000 – 2007
- Barrister of the Supreme Court of NSW 2007 to date
- Practitioners Certificate in Mediation July 2014 (Accredited NMAS NSW Bar)
- Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution and Practice (FDRP) – Registration # R1005824
- Member of the NSW Bar Association 2007 to date
- Member of the American Bar Association & the Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Chapters
- Member of AIFLAM (Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators)
- Member of the Family Law Chapter of the Law Council of Australia
- Member of Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC) 1999 to date and founding member of the Australian Chapter 2013
- Member of ADRA (Australian Dispute Resolution Association)
- Member of the Legal Profession Admission Board Legal Qualifications Committee, Accreditation and Practical Legal Training Subcommittees (2007 to 2018)
- Member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the NSW Bar Association – current
- Secretary of the Women Barristers Forum – current
- Regular Lecturer on Ethics for Legalwise Seminars
- Past Member of the Equal Opportunity (Diversity) Committee of The NSW Bar Association 2008 – 2014
Areas of Practice
Principally in the Family Law jurisdiction in both financial (property and maintenance) and parenting (children) matters. This practice incorporates marriages and de-facto relationships of all kinds.
My practice includes matters in the Children’s Courts including for The Crown and State and for the various parents and guardians in relation thereto.
Other areas include Equity (Wills, Probate and Estates, Trusts and Family Provision matters) and Commercial Disputes.
I also appear in the various Administrative, Guardianship and Human Rights Tribunals and Fair Work Australia and NCAT generally.
I have conducted numerous Family Law Mediations, including for the NSW Law Society Family Law Settlement Service and continue to represent parties in same in all areas of the Law suitable for Mediation.
I have a small practice in the Refugee and Migration Review Tribunals.
From March 2019 I will be an accredited Family Law Arbitrator.