Jessica was called to the Bar in August 2017. She was admitted as a solicitor in the NSW Supreme Court in December 2011. Jessica has extensive experience in the insurance industry having worked as a solicitor, claims manager, and management consultant.
Areas of practice
- Personal injury
- Public liability
- CTP claims and CTP reform
- Professional negligence
- Coal Mines Workers Compensation Insurance
- Indemnity disputes
Bachelor of Laws (Honours II), The University of Sydney
Bachelor of Science (Honours), University of Toronto, Canada – Major: Psychology, Minors: Biology & Anthropology
Prior work experience
Dec 2015-Aug 2017
Management Consultant: General and life insurance, Finity Consulting Pty Ltd, Sydney NSW AUSTRALIA
- Including secondment to the State Insurance Regulatory Authority as Senior Policy Officer
- Reviewed CTP, workers compensation, public liability and professional indemnity claims.
- Advised corporate and government clients on claims strategy, best practice, and areas of improvement in accordance with legislative requirements, common law precedents, and the client’s business philosophy.
Sep 2013-Sep 2015
Senior Solicitor : Public liability Thompson Cooper Lawyers Pty Ltd, Sydney NSW AUSTRALIA
Jan 2012 – Sep 2013
Senior Claims Consultant : CTP Personal – major and catastrophic injuries, Allianz Australia Services Pty Ltd, Sydney NSW AUSTRALIA
Dec 2011 – May 2013
Solicitor (Volunteer) : Redfern Legal Centre